Unifying Social Frameworks Workshop
August 16-17, 2010
Major General Michael T. Flynn, U.S. Army
Workshop Address: MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN AFGHANISTAN: Technology, Knowledge, and Intelligence in a Dynamic Sociocultural Environment
The Workshop was comprised of 5 panels:
1. Conflict Is Local: Mapping the Sociocultural Terrain
2. Bridging Sociocultural Gaps in Cooperative Relationships
3. Building Partner Capacity with Sociocultural Awareness
4. The Art of Sociocultural Persuasion
5. Tools, Methods, Frameworks, and Models
Panel 5: Methods, Tools, Frameworks & Models was a discussion of papers written in advance of the workshop on this topic.
The Guiding Question was: What are the strengths and weaknesses of different methods for acquiring and utilizing relevant data and knowledge?
The papers were made available to workshop participants and attendees, and are still available through links below.
- Dr. Mark Bevir, University of California, Berkeley
- Dr. Laura A. McNamara, Sandia National Laboratories
- Dr. Robert G. Sargent, Syracuse University
-Dr. Jessica Glicken Turnley, Galisteo Consulting Group, Inc. and Joint Special Operations University, US Special Operations Command
- Dr. Robert Albro, American University (Committee Member)