The Laboratory Assessments Board oversees National Research Council activities involving review and assessment of the technical quality of internal research conducted at laboratories. This includes those laboratories established by federal agencies at national laboratories and at government-owned, contractor-operated facilities, but may include others as well. Assessments are performed by NRC committees appointed under the auspices of the board and established separately for each institution or laboratory.
REPORTS RELEASED 2012-2014
1. 2013-2014 Assessment of the Army Research Laboratory: Interim Report (2014)
2. An Assessment of the National Institute of Standards and Technology Center for Neutron Research: Fiscal Year 2013
3. 2011-2012 Review of the Army Research Laboratory
4. Best Practices in Assessment of Research and Development Organizations (Final Report)
5. Best Practices in Assessment of Research and Development Organizations—Summary of a Workshop
6. A Review of the Manufacturing-related Programs at the National Institute of Standards and Technology: Fiscal Year 2012