Filing Your Expense Report for Out-of-pocket Expenses
The National Academies uses a web-based reimbursement system. To request reimbursement of your out-of-pocket expenses, go to www.concursolutions.com
Your user name is IDnumber@nas.edu
, and your initial password is 'welcome
'. This information was provided after your interview. If you have forgotten your password please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Adding a delegate
For each committee on which you serve, you will need to add your travel coordinator as a delegate so that he or she can enter the Academies' paid expenses.
- Click on "Profile" (top of screen it’s the 3rd tab underneath the Concur logo).
- Click on "Expense Delegates."
- Add the delegates Rosa, Dominique and Hall, Sabrina and only ‘Can Prepare’, ‘Can Submit’ and ‘Can View Receipts’ should be checked for them.
- Click “Save”
To create a new expense report
- Click on "Expense" (top of screen it’s the 2nd tab underneath the Concur logo)
- Click on "New Expense Report." You must complete all fields showing a red bar
- Trip name is ‘Meeting Name’ and meeting location is ‘City/Sate or Country’
- Enter the address where you would like your check mailed
- Click "Next" at the bottom of the screen.
A screen will appear asking for ‘New Itinerary Stop’
- You will need to enter two itinerary stops - do not include stopovers.
- Use AM and PM (no punctuation) to designate times.
First itinerary is leaving home to travel to our meeting location.
(If you have driven please enter the time you left home and the time you arrived at the meeting)
- Click "Save" after the first itinerary is entered.
The second itinerary is leaving our meeting location to go home.
(If you have driven please enter the time you left the meeting and arrived home).
- Click “Save” and "Next" after you have entered the second itinerary
- Click “Done”
Enter all (out of pocket) expenses:
Under ‘New Expense’ on the right side of the screen, click the appropriate category and enter your expenses. If you are entering an expense as “Other”, you must add a comment or it will be disallowed.
- Do not use dollar signs ($).
- A "transaction date" is the date the bill was paid.
- Skip all categories pre-paid by the Academies.
- If you paid for your hotel you must itemize the room and taxes. Receipts are required.
- If you had any deviations (e.g., an extra hotel night, constructive cost), you only need to enter the amount for which you are responsible. Enter it as a negative number, using a - (minus) sign. E.g., if you were responsible for $150 in airfare, you should choose the airfare expense category and enter the amount as -150.
- If applicable, in the right hand corner click on “Attach Receipt” and upload the receipts that you already have scanned as PNG, JPG or PDF to your computer. Alternatively, you can click on "Print/Email" then “NAS Fax Receipt Cover Page”. Print the fax cover page and using it as your cover page fax all receipts and they will attach to your expense report. Please submit itemized receipts.
- ‘Save’ after each expense entry
Reviewing your expenses:
You can view your expense report in various formats.
Left side above ‘Expenses’ click on ‘Details’ then ‘Totals’ or click on "View Reports" which is the 1st tab on the second banner under the Concur logo.
You can now ‘Log out’ (top of screen it’s the 5th tab underneath the Concur logo).
Do NOT click ‘Submit Report’ after entering your expenses!
Notify FOTRAV@NAS.EDU and let them know you have completed your Expense Report. We are unable to process your report without an email notification.
Contact the Fellowships Office Travel Unit at FOTRAV@nas.edu or at 202.334.2909.