NAVIGATING THE ONLINE APPLICATION
Follow the step-by-step instructions below:
Registering and Creating a Login and Password (New Applicants)
Please refrain from creating multiple login IDs and passwords as it causes confusion for future log in attempts.
- Go to the registration page.
- Enter information in the fields provided.
- Keep a record of your login information in a secure place for future use.
Completing the Profile Section of the Application
Preparing and Uploading Documents
- Locate the Profile page you wish to complete by selecting it from the left navigation panel. (Note: The Eligibility page must be completed first.)
- Follow the instructions provided for each section.
- Enter the appropriate information on the page.
- Save your work on each page.
Adding Individuals Completing Reference Reports
- Save all documents to be uploaded in .pdf format and adhere to the maximum length and formatting requirements (12-point font, 1" margins, double-spaced) for the particular document.
- Do not include your name, page numbers, or headers/footers as these will be automatically generated.
- Do not upload password-protected files as they cannot be accepted.
Click here for more information regarding deadlines and requirements for Reference Reports.
You will not be able to notify your references until you have completed the Research Proposal Title section of the Proposal/Uploads page of the Applications portion of your application.
- Select References under the Profile section in the left navigation panel.
- Follow the instructions provided.
- Enter information for each reference and click Save.
Completing the Applications Section of the Application
Selecting and Notifying References
- Select Applications in the left navigation panel.
- If you are a Regular applicant (hold a Ph.D. for five years or fewer), select Add a Postdoctoral Application; if you are a Senior applicant (hold a Ph.D. for five years or more), select Add a Senior Application (or Add a Summer Faculty Application if you are applying for a summer Research Opportunity.)
- Select the Research Opportunity Number from the drop down menu then complete the Program Information and Affiliation sections on the next page and click Save.
- Select the Starting Date link to enter a proposed start date and click Save.
- Select Edit on the Applications page to access the other Applications pages of your application. (You must always first take this action to access other Applications pages.)
- Complete the Opportunity page and click Save.
- Complete the Proposal/Uploads page, following the instructions above for Preparing and Uploading Documents, and click Save.
Contact your references personally to advise them that they will be receiving an e-mail notification from and confirm with them that they have received the message once you have sent the notification.
- Select Applications in the left navigation panel, then Edit for the application you wish to edit, then References (under the Applications section in the left navigation panel).
- Follow the instructions to select the references for your application and click Save.
- Select References under the Profile section of the left navigation.
- Click Notify to send the reference an e-mail notification to request to complete a Reference Report on your behalf.
- Click Notify Again to send the letter writer another notification.
Validating the Application
- Select Applications in the left navigation panel, then Edit for the application you wish to review, then Data Review.
- Review all information on the page to confirm it is correct.
- Select the link for any page that requires completion or revision.
Submitting the Application
- Select Applications in the left navigation panel, then Edit for the application you wish to validate, then Data Validation.
- Note the descriptions of the three symbols used for the Data Validation page.
- Make any corrections to pages with a red symbol.
- Confirm that all pages have been validated (only green or yellow symbol appear).
A confirmation text will appear on the Main page of the application module informing you that your application has been successfully submitted. Once submitted, you will not be able to add, edit, or delete data or files. To review and print a copy of your application after submission, click on the View/Print Data link on the Main page.
- Select SUBMIT in the left navigation panel.
- Check the box to confirm that you are satisfied with your application and wish to submit it.
- Click Submit.
Monitoring the Receipt of Supporting Documents
You may monitor the receipt of your transcripts and Reference Reports on the Main page of your online application. Click here for information on the deadlines and requirements for Supporting Documents.