AGU Chapman Conference
Abstract Deadline: June 20, 2013
MEDGEO 2013 Student Travel Fellowship Program
Application Deadline: June 21, 2013
The 5th International Conference
on Medical Geology
Early Registration Deadline: July 15, 2013
International Visitors Office
For visa-related issues, visit International Visitors Office
Contact the IVO
BISO Events Calendar
12th Pacific Science Association Inter-Congress, Suva, Fiji
|See more events...|
Board on International Scientific Organizations
Policy and Global Affairs
The National Academies
500 Fifth Street
Washington, DC 20001 USA
Tel: +1 202-334-2807
Fax: +1 202-334-2231
U.S. National Committee for URSI
United States National Committee (USNC)
for the Union Radio-Scientifique Internationale (URSI)
GUIDELINES FOR MEMBERSHIP IN U.S. COMMISSION's A-K
- Nominees must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Any member of the Commission can nominate qualified persons for Member or Associate Member in the Commission. A separate nomination form should be completed for each nominee.
- No limit is imposed on the number of nominations which a Commission member can make if the nominees are from outside the sponsor’s institution. A sponsor is allowed to nominate one person from his own organization for Member and one for Associate Member for consideration at any one regular meeting of the Commission.
- The required qualifications for membership in the Commission are technical competence and interest in the activities of URSI. Evidence of technical competence is to be found from the nominee’s publications and evidence of interest in the activities of URSI is to be supported by the nominee’s participation in URSI symposia.
- Minimum publication numbers should be 1-2 single-author articles with 2-3 publications overall for Associate Member, and 3-4 single-author articles with 5-6 publications overall for Full Member. Allowances will be made for fewer articles of special significance and in cases where the research area typically involves teams more often than individuals.
- A minimum of two URSI presentations (at least one in the Commission) for Associate Member and three URSI presentations (at least two in the Commission) for Full Member should be identified in the nomination package.
- Both Member nominees and Associate Member nominees are expected to satisfy the stated qualifications. In addition, Member nominees should have evidence of scientific maturity and leadership in their work.
- Nominations are considered only at the regular meetings of the Commission.