BISO Home > IVO Homepage > Questionnaire and Statistics
IVO VISA QUESTIONNAIRE
The IVO Questionnaire collects information on visa-related issues from the scientific community. The data collected through the questionnaire will be used to track trends and report urgent visa cases to the U.S. Department of State. Statistical data on the IVO program can be found at the bottom of this page.
You are eligible to complete the questionnaire if:
- You are a student, scholar, or professional in the sciences.
- You have applied for a non-B1 visa to come to the United States for science-related activities and your application has been undergoing administrative processing for 60 days or longer. OR You have applied for a B1 visa to come to the United States for science-related activities and your application is pending 14 days prior to the U.S. event’s start date.
Individuals who have applied for dependent visas (such as F2 and J2) should not complete the questionnaire.
No personal information, including an applicant’s name or e-mail address, will be used for non-visa related purposes. Your email address is required so that we may follow-up regarding your case.
- Do not submit multiple surveys for the same pending case. Please send corrections or updates (i.e. if you received your visa, you canceled or are changing your travel plans, etc.) to email@example.com with the applicant’s name, DS-160 confirmation number, and date of birth in the subject line.
- If you have difficulty completing the questionnaire or have suggestions for its improvement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLAIMER: It is very important to note that the International Visitors Office (IVO) is not an office of the U.S. Department of State, which is in charge of all U.S. visa applications. The IVO is an office of The National Academies, a non-governmental organization with no control over U.S. visa regulations. Consequently, our office does not have the ability to expedite or control the visa application process.
IVO VISA QUESTIONNAIRE STATISTICS
- Total cases reported to IVO from Fall, 2002 until October 28, 2014: 12,108*
- Total number of new science-related visa cases IVO reported to the U.S. Department of State from January 1, 2013 until October 28, 2014: 1,588
- Average processing time for all cases IVO reported to the U.S. Department of State, which were issued between January 1, 2013 and October 28, 2014: 71 days**
* This figure only reflects cases that were reported to the IVO by visa applicants. For comprehensive figures, please consult the U.S. Department of State's visa statistics webpage at: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/statistics.html.
** Processing wait time includes administrative processing following the interview, but does not include the time required to return the passport to applicants, by either courier services or the local mail system.
To comment on this webpage or report an error, please send feedback to the BISO Site Manager.