Charge of the Committee
The Executive Committee provides the overall direction of the FDP. The Executive Committee consists of two institutional members (one faculty, one research administrator), two federal agency representatives (one program and one administrative), a representative from the National Academies Government-University-Industry Research Roundtable, the FDP Executive Director, a senior federal science official (appointed by the Office of Science and Technology Policy), and one representative from each of the FDP standing committees. The research administrator representative on the Executive Committee assumes the role of Chair for a two year period.
Responsibilities of the Chair of the Executive Committee
- Work closely with Executive Committee members, the GUIRR representative and GUIRR staff.
- Chair and attend all FDP meetings.
- Work with FDP Executive Director and Committee members on the development of meeting agendas.
- Participate in Executive Committee conference calls (10/yr) and ad hoc conference calls with various FDP committees (10/yr).
- Provide guidance and oversight to FDP Executive Director
- Serve as an ex officio member of all FDP committees and task forces.
- Provide guidance and oversight to the FDP committees and task forces.
- Oversee and endorse all formal written FDP position papers and/or recommendations.
- Represent the FDP at professional, university and federal agency meetings.
- Interact on behalf of the FDP with external groups: OSTP, OMB, NCURA, SRA, COGR, etc.
- Attend GUIRR Council meetings (3/yr) and report on the status of FDP activities.
Responsibilities of Executive Committee Members
- Attend all FDP meetings.
- Participate in development of meeting agendas.
- Participate in Executive Committee conference calls (10/yr).
- Participate in the preparation of any formal written FDP position papers and/or recommendations.
- Serve as the primary point of contact/advocate for a particular operational or functional standing committee.
Congressional Testimony June 12, 2014
Mailing List (for committee members only): FDP-EXECUTIVE-L@LSW.NAS.EDU