PL 106-107 Task Force
Charge I Initiatives I Documents I Task Force Members
Charge of the Committee
The task force was established to work on issues related to Public Law 106-107, the Federal Financial Management Improvement Act of 1999.
- Prepare a letter to OMB for the FDP chair’s signature advocating that a managed, government-wide approach be used for the deployment of new ERA systems that are developed outside of the Federal Commons.
- Develop a shell letter for the FDP chair’s signature that will be sent both to OMB and to the agencies deploying unilaterally developed initiatives.
- The shell letter will be customized for specific initiatives. Details would include identifying the agency, program and electronic initiatives requirements – itemizing the institutional concerns associated with that initiative.
- For FDP agencies, we would request that an agency representative join us at the next FDP meeting to discuss the initiative.
- For non-FDP agencies, we would add an additional paragraph about the FDP and, once again, request that an agency representative join us as the next FDP meeting.
- Our final step will be to follow up with the agency to discuss remediation and, if appropriate, asking them to join the FDP.
- Identify agencies deploying unilaterally developed initiatives and prepare a customized shell letter for use.
- Task force members will be assigned to monitor specific sets of agencies.
- A separate group of task force members will review agency plans as published in the Federal Register and develop FDP responses for Executive Committee approval.
- Develop or coordinate input to federal initiatives in the implementation of PL 106-107.
Task Force Members