The National Academies’ Innovation Policy Forum, in cooperation with the Manufacturing Policy Initiative (MPI) at the O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs at Indiana University, held a workshop on September 26 to discuss applications of AI in government and industry.
Many nations, including the United States, are developing frameworks to ensure coordination and leadership on artificial intelligence (AI) in recognition of its innovation potential. Such frameworks should be informed by the breadth and depth of applications under development. Workshop participants presented case studies of AI applications in both government and industry and identified challenges and opportunities for organizations adopting AI.Directions to the National Academy of Sciences Building
By Car from Ronald Reagan National Airport
1. Exit the airport to George Washington Memorial Parkway NORTH. Exit to Memorial Bridge.
2. Bear LEFT after crossing Memorial Bridge into Washington, DC.
3. Take second LEFT onto Henry Bacon Drive NW You must turn LEFT at this point as your route will be blocked by Jersey walls.
4. Turn RIGHT at the traffic light onto Constitution Avenue, NW.
5. Turn LEFT at second light onto 21st Street, NW.
6. Parking lot entrance is on left before traffic light at intersection with C Street NW.
By Car from Dulles International Airport
1. Exit the airport to Airport Access Road EAST.
2. Follow until Access Road merges with Interstate 66 EAST.
3. Follow I-66 EAST across the Roosevelt Bridge into Washington, DC. After the bridge, I-66 becomes Route 50 EAST/Constitution Avenue, NW.
4. Turn LEFT at fourth light onto 21st Street, NW.
5. Parking lot entrance is on left before traffic light at intersection with C Street, NW.
By Car from Baltimore/Washington International Airport
1. Exit the airport to Interstate 195 WEST.
2. Exit I-195 to MD-295 SOUTH (Baltimore-Washington Parkway) towards Washington, DC.
3. Follow MD-295 SOUTH to exit for Route 50 WEST to downtown Washington, DC.
4. Follow Route 50 WEST as it turns into New York Avenue, NE.
5. Turn LEFT onto Ninth Street, NW.
6. Turn RIGHT onto Constitution Avenue, NW.
7. Turn RIGHT onto 21st Street, NW.
8. Parking lot entrance is on left before traffic light at intersection with C Street, NW.
By Metro's Orange, Blue, or Silver Line
1. Take Metro's Orange, Blue, or Silver Line to the Foggy Bottom-GWU station.
2. Turn RIGHT on to 23rd Street, NW, when you exit the station.
3. Walk SOUTH on 23rd Street, NW, for approximately 7 blocks.
4. Turn LEFT on to C Street, NW, (after the State Department).
5. Cross 22nd Street, NW, and enter the NAS building through its rear entrance at 2100 C Street, NW.