Poster Session Guidelines
The poster session will take place at 12:15 PM at the Great Hall during lunch break. Please use the guidelines below for your poster.Your poster must include the following information:
• Title of Poster, Name(s) and Title(s) and photo of presenters (so that participants can recognize you to connect), Institution, Logos (where appropriate)
• WHY? What is the specific objective or challenge you are aiming to overcome on your campus? Is it an institutional, behavioral, and/or cultural challenge?
• WHAT? What activities, approaches, and strategies have you developed or plan to implement to address one or more of the following:
• Prevent and reduce sexual harassment
• Improve transparency
• Provide target support
• Promote diversity and inclusion
• Diffuse the power differential
• Create a culture of respect and civility
• WHO? Who are these activities aimed at? Who oversees the development and execution of these approaches? (Note, if you don’t yet have the plan fully developed, feel free to say that you are looking for advice and guidance so other attendees can help).
• HOW? How do you plan to implement these approaches? How will you document and measure success? (Note, if you don’t yet have a plan for evaluating or measuring success, feel free to say that you are looking for advice and guidance on this so other attendees can help).
• What challenges are you currently facing?
• What advice would you like from others at the workshop?
Presenters are responsible for printing their own poster. If you would like to ship the poster ahead of time, please note the dimensions below and ship to the following address:National Academy of Sciences
c/o Irene Ngun (Office #K520)
500 5th St NW
Washington, DC 20001
- If you plan to ship the posters please make sure it arrives at the National Academy of Sciences by Monday, November 5, 2018.
- The National Academies will provide a poster board (Dimensions: 36” by 48”), easels, and pushpins to mount your poster.
- No audiovisual equipment is permitted for poster presentations.
- Tables and chairs will be provided for presenters. Due to space limitations, you may share tables with other presenters.
- Posters must be set up at least 15 minutes before the session starts, and we prefer they are set up in the morning before the meeting begins. You can arrive as early as 8:00 AM to set up your poster.
- If handouts are to be distributed, please bring approximately 200 copies.
- We encourage you to bring your business cards to exchange information with other participants.
Online versions of posters and handouts
Electronic versions of the poster and handouts will also be made available on the National Academies event page. To be included, you must submit them to Irene Ngun (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, November 5, 2018.