February 29, 2016 - 1pm ET/10am PT
R&D Budget and Policy Update
Please join us for a discussion on the President's FY2017 R&D budget request and relevant science and technology legislative priorities with Matt Hourihan, Director of the AAAS R&D Budget and Policy Program, and Jim Jensen, the Executive Director of the Office of Congressional and Government Affairs at the Academies.
February 23-24, 2016
Critical Infrastructure Security: The Role of Public Private Partnerships
Future GUIRR Meeting Dates:
June 21-22, 2016
October 25-26, 2016
February 28-March 1, 2017
View past meetings
Have a great topic idea for a GUIRR meeting? Suggest a topic
|March 21-22, 2016 |
T-Summit 2016: Transformational Approaches to Creating T-Shaped Professionals
GUIRR will co-host T-Summit 2016 with the University Industry Demonstration Partnership, IBM, and Michigan State University. The meeting will focus on how academia and industry can equip students and employees for the workforce of the future. Some of the issues that will be discussed at T-Summit 2016 are:
Find more information on the T-Summit.
- Examining the role of the public sector in cultivating T-shaped professionals.
- Learning how universities are changing curricula and practices to bolster the T-shaped movement.
- Comparing the needs of young professionals against employer needs and challenges.
- Discussing effective methods for fostering interdisciplinary, transformative learning in business, government and academia.
- Ensuring that students understand the value of T-shaped skills and proactively seek out opportunities to develop those skills.