U.S. Partnership proposals will be evaluated by an external review panel organized by the National Academies. Proposals will be evaluated based on:
Factor 1: Technical Merit
Factor 2: Personnel
- Degree to which proposed activities will help achieve PEER/Liberia Objectives;
- Degree to which proposed activities fill needed institutional gaps in three thematic areas: Infectious Disease, Ophthalmology, and Family Medicine; and,
- Degree to which proposed activities include approaches involving the continuum of medical education, integration, and institutional strengthening/ sustainability.
- Expertise of key personnel
- Team composition
Factor 3: Organizational Capability
- Non-PEER resources and expertise leveraged from the U.S. medical schools and/or universities;
- Experience of U.S. applicant in international medical education
- Experience of U.S. applicant in capacity strengthening activities, particularly in international and low-resource settings;
- Ability to coordinate with other international partners
Factor 4: Budget
- Appropriateness of draft budget for carrying out proposed activities.