We are inviting submissions of posters and interactive exhibits of integrative courses, projects, and/or activities in the undergraduate and graduate levels. We welcome innovative ideas that you have implemented on your campus or you plan to implement in the future. This poster/exhibit session is open to faculty and students. We are particularly interested in work that demonstrates the interaction between arts, humanities, with Science, Engineering, and Medicine. The session will take place at 12:00 PM in the perimeter of the Great Hall and the West Court Rotunda. Limited space is available and an advisory committee will curate the final submissions. Please use the guidelines below for your poster/showcase.
Poster Instructions and Submission Guidelines
• March 15, 2019 – Deadline to submit poster/exhibit abstract. Please include title, name of faculty/students involved, and one paragraph description of the integrative research/course. All emails should go to Irene Ngun (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will be notified if your poster/exhibit abstract has been accepted. Due to limited space we may not be able to accommodate all who are interested in submitting.
• April 8, 2019 – Physical and electronic versions of your poster/exhibit must be submitted to the National Academies by this deadline. (see below for more details)
Your poster must include the following information:
• Title of Poster, Name(s) and Title(s) and photo of presenters (so that participants can recognize you to connect), Institution, Logos (where appropriate)
• WHY? What is the specific objective of your research/this course? Are there specific challenges that you are trying to address?
• WHAT? What activities, pedagogical approaches, and strategies have you developed or plan to implement to address your objective. What are the disciplines involved? Are there special assignments? Team work activities?
• HOW? How do you plan to assess the effectiveness of these approaches? How will you document and measure success? (Note, if you don’t yet have a plan for evaluating or measuring success, feel free to say that you are looking for advice and guidance on this so other attendees can help).
• Presenters are responsible for printing their own poster. If you would like to ship the poster ahead of time, please note the dimensions below and ship to the following address:
National Academy of Sciences
c/o Irene Ngun (Office #K520)
500 5th St NW
Washington, DC 20001
• If you plan to ship the posters please make sure it arrives at the National Academy of Sciences by Monday, April 8, 2019.
• The National Academies will provide a poster board (Dimensions: 36” by 48”), easels, and pushpins to mount your poster. You may mount your poster at any point during the morning sessions, before the group breaks for lunch.
• No audiovisual equipment is permitted for poster presentations. If you have a showcase or exhibit that will require the use of an electric outlet, please confirm with us beforehand.
• Tables and chairs will be provided for presenters. Due to space limitations, you may share tables with other presenters.
• If handouts are to be distributed, please bring approximately 200 copies.
• We encourage you to bring your business cards to exchange information with other participants.
Online versions of posters and handouts
Electronic versions of the poster and handouts will also be made available on the National Academies event page, to be included, you must submit them to Irene Ngun (email@example.com) by Monday, April 8, 2019.