THE CHANGING ROLE OF LIBRARIES IN SUPPORT OF RESEARCH DATA ACTIVITIES
A PUBLIC SYMPOSIUM
Thursday, June 3, 2010, 4:00-6:15 p.m.
USDA Waugh Meeting Room, 3rd floor
1800 M Street NW, South Lobby
*** Please plan to arrive somewhat early due to security. ***
Directions to USDA - ERS
USDA's Economic Research Service (ERS) is located at 1800 M Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036, on 18th Street, between L and M Streets. ERS is serviced by Metrorail's Farragut North (Red line) and Farragut West (Blue and Orange lines) stations.
From the Red line: get off at Farragut North, take the L St. exit, walk one block west on L St. to 18th St., then north on 18th St. to the courtyard just north of National Parking on the left (see "Once Inside the Courtyard" below for what to do next).
From the Orange or Blue lines: get off at Farragut West, take the 18th St. exit, and walk 2½ blocks north on 18th St. to the courtyard just north of National Parking on the left.
From the NORTHWEST (Montgomery, Frederick Counties, MD)
1. From Interstate 270, take the I-270 spur to I-495 S (Capital Beltway)
2. Take exit 43-44, George Washington Memorial Parkway
3. Take exit on the right for Theodore Roosevelt Bridge
4. The bridge feeds into Constitution Avenue
5. Turn left on 18th St. ERS is between L and M Streets, on the left.
From the SOUTHEAST (Richmond):
1. Take Interstate 95 North, and exit on 170-A, merging into I-395 North.
2. Take exit 8B, Washington Blvd. (Route 27 North), and cross Arlington Memorial Bridge.
3. Circle left at Lincoln Memorial and take 23rd Street.
4. Enter next roundabout and take 2nd exit onto New Hampshire Ave.
5. Turn right on L.
6. Turn left on 18th St. ERS is between L and M Streets, on the left.
From the SOUTHWEST (Charlottesville):
1. Take Route 29 North to Interstate 66 East. (Note: I-66 is designated HOV-2 between 6:30 and 9:00 am, Monday through Friday, which means no vehicles allowed with less than 2 passengers.)
2. Proceed on I-66 East and cross over Theodore Roosevelt Bridge.
3. The bridge feeds into Constitution Avenue.
4. Turn left on 18th St. ERS is between L and M Streets, on the left.
From the NORTHEAST (Baltimore):
1. From Interstate 95 South, take the Baltimore-Washington Parkway (I-295), exit 22B toward Washington.
2. Go to Route 50 and proceed straight to go onto New York Ave.
3. New York Ave. becomes Mount Vernon Place.
4. Turn left on 9th St
5. Turn right on K St.
6. Turn right on 18th St. ERS is between L and M Streets, on the left.
On 18th St. (one-way north) between L and M Sts, turn into one of the parking garages. After dropping off your car (you’ll have to pay for parking), walk into the courtyard between buildings on the west side of 18th St. (see "Once Inside the Courtyard" below for next steps).
Once Inside the Courtyard
Enter the courtyard from 18th St., and enter the building via the South Tower of 1800 M St. Take the elevator to the third floor and sign in at the ERS guard desk to get a visitor's pass. The guards will assist you in reaching your destination in ERS. Please note: you must present photo identification, and your bags are subject to inspection.
* Please note that there will be some delay in entering the venue because of standard security checks, so plan to arrive 10-15 minutes before the start of the session.
Additionally, due to building security requirements, participants are kindly asked to exit the building promptly at the end of the symposium.