In July 2010, the Henry Luce Foundation awarded the Committee on Women in Science, Engineering and Medicine (CWSEM) a grant to support the dissemination of the congressionally mandated report, Gender Differences at Critical Transitions in the Careers of Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Faculty. CWSEM has used this grant to:
- Send copies of the summary report to the 89 research intensive (RI) institutions of higher education that participated in the faculty and departmental surveys of the report. Copies were sent to the chairs of each of the six departments surveyed in the report. These departments are biology, chemistry, civil engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, and physics;
- Send copies of the summary report to the scientific and engineering professional societies which represent the six disciplines surveyed in the report;
- Send copies of the summary report to the non-profit organizations that address women in science and engineering issues as a major focus of their work;
- Distribute copies of the summary report at relevant conferences and meetings including the 2010 National Science Foundation's Joint Annual Meeting (JAM): Sustaining Diverse Environments;
- In addition to these activities, a one-day workshop will be held for staff members of federal agencies that fund scientific and engineering research at institutions of higher education in January 24, 2010. If you want more information on this meeting, please email email@example.com
An electronic copy of the report summary can be found here. Limited printed copies are available of the report summary. If you would like to request a copy, please send an email to Wei Jing at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your mailing address and contact information.
CWSEM would like to express its gratitude to the Henry Luce Foundation for their support of this dissemination project.
Catherine Didion, Director
Wei Jing, Research Associate
Back to CWSEM Project Main Page