Jeff Southerton, Pfizer
Wayne Johnson, emeritus, VP Univ. Relations, HP, Microsoft, Raytheon
Geanie Umberger, formerly with University of Kentucky
Goran Matijasevic, University of California – Irvine
Scott Steele, University of Rochester
A project to identify and consider the multitude of mechanisms by which universities and industry can partner with each other to advance their interests. It is anticipated that a critical assessment of this continuum of partnership possibilities will assist others in facilitating future partnerships.
- Identify partnership modes
- Categorize by types of engagement (student-oriented, research-oriented, access to resources, centers of excellence, economic development and strategic engagement) and assess these modes
- Document the continuum using real-life examples
- Map these to the continuum
- Provide a commentary to facilitate future partnership creation
- Information pamphlet for practitioners to consider when identifying and forming future partnerships
- A shorter reference document listing the partnership types will also be generated
- Peer-reviewed article
Anyone involved in the creation and fostering of alliances between universities and industry.
Approved, under development. Anticipated to deliver 1Q11
Possible follow-ons include a survey of practitioners at all levels as well as a deeper analysis of a specific type of interaction.