Research Associateships Homepage > Getting Started > Special Programs > NETL Methane Hydrate Program
NETL Methane Hydrate Program
Applications must by submiited by the following dates:
February Review - February 1
August Review - August 1
The Methane Hydrate Program application must be completed in hard copy with the application form below.
The application must be submitted to NAS by the application deadlines above via Express Delivery to:
Research Associateship Programs
500 Fifth Street, NW (Keck 576)
Washington, DC 20001
Supporting Documents must be submitted by the following dates:
February Review - February 15
August Review - August 15
Applicants should send the reference report below to their reference writers as email attachments or in hard copy. Reference writers should return their completed references to the applicant in a sealed envelope with their name written across the seal OR to NRC Research Associateship Programs staff directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Master’s Level (Fellow) begins at $30,000 with a maximum 2-year tenure.
• Ph.D. Level (Fellow) begins at $35,000 with a maximum 3-year tenure.
• Postdoctoral Level (Research Associate) begins at $60,000 with a maximum 2-year tenure.
Funds up to an amount as specified below will be provided to each Fellow or Research Associate to support research costs related to the nature of their work:
• Master’s Students - up to $15,000 per year
• Ph.D. Students – up to $20,000 per year
• Research Associates – up to $25,000 per year